SARAWAK FORESTRY has been established by the State Government to position Sarawak at the forefront of sustainable forest management and conservation, as outlined in Sarawak Forestry Corporation Ordinance, approved by the State Legislative Assembly in 1995. SARAWAK FORESTRY’s workforce comprises well-trained and highly motivated professionals from every field of resource management. To ensure effective and highly focused performance, SARAWAK FORESTRY launched its operation on June 9, 2003 and is organized into six key business units, which are all committed to responsibly manage and conserve Sarawak’s forests. SARAWAK FORESTRY’s functions are governed by 4 major ordinances, namely the Sarawak Forestry Corporation Ordinance, 1995; the Forests Ordinance, 1958; the National Parks and Nature Reserves Ordinance, 1998 and the Wild Life Protection Ordinance, 1998. Its functions include:
* Sustainable forest management and conservation
* Reforestation and rehabilitation
* Management of protected and totally protected areas
* Enforcement of forestry and forestry-related legislation
* Conducting scientific research on Sarawak’s rainforests and its products
* Training and education of employees, stakeholders and the general public
* Providing customers of Sarawak’s forest products with reliable information and support
SARAWAK FORESTRY is certified with ISO9001:2000, ISO 14001:1996 and OHSAS 18001:1999 from the Department of Standards Malaysia, United Kingdom Accreditation Service and Moody International Certification.
Contact Sarawak Forestry :-
SARAWAK FORESTRY CORPORATION
Corporate Office, Kuching
Address: Level 12, Office Tower, Hock Lee Center, Jalan Datuk Abang Abdul Rahim, 93450 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia.
Toll-Free : 1800 882526
Tel : (+6)082-348001
Fax : (+6)082-488654
Email : email@example.com
Visiting National Parks in Sarawak
Tel : (+6)082-610088
Fax : (+6)082-610099
For more details, visit : www.sarawakforestry.comProducts @ Services | 产品 @ 服务: environment, forestry, kuching, management, research, SARAWAK
Location | 地区: SARAWAK
Leave a Comment or Reply ?
You must be logged in to post a comment.