Career Advantages as a Real Estate Negotiator
- You have more time-flexibility and freedom.
- You may choose the locations, environments and clients to work with.
- Real estate is an intellectually challenging professional career. It is regulated by Acts and Standard of Practice.
- Properties are mainly basic necessity, transaction volume was a staggering RM137.8 billion in 2011.
- Property values are usually huge, and the fees are also substantial. 5-figure monthly income is reasonably achievable.
- Job satisfaction in advising and helping people own homes and investment properties. Properties are varied and interesting, many are fabulous and inspiring.
- A welcomed profession, everyone likes to pick your opinion. You tend to meet nice, rich and well-educated people.
- Bright career future. Property industry is a major mover of economy, contributes greatly to national income (GDP) and spins off hundreds of other industries.
- Real estate is a growing industry due to ever expanding population, industry and commerce.
Who Should Apply
To be successful as a Real Estate Negotiator, the first thing to do is fall in love with your work. If you enjoy working with people, viewing homes or other properties, then you are naturally inclined for the job. Having a wide circle of contacts, or the courage to prospect for clients, will help you see quicker results.
Personality wise, it is important to be pleasant, trustworthy and have ‘people skill’ and good communication ability. This is a job that requires self-motivation and perseverance, so people who give up easily will be eliminated by nature’s law – survival of the fittest. Doesn’t that sound familiar?
Experience in marketing, sales or property related fields will be advantageous, but not compulsory. In Property Street, we provide comprehensive training to enable you to hit the road running, followed by on-the-job guidance, and professional development continuously. With our excellent people, systems and tools, we will move you from Property Street to Success Avenue!
However, we can’t guarantee you’ll be fabulously successful in a couple of months, so it’s prudent for you to have a few months’ cash reserve for your living and working expenses, while you learn the ropes of the trade.
And of course, you need a car and be prepared to work full-time. After all, Jack of all trades is master of none! If the little voice in your heart says you’re ready, willing and able, we want to hear from you!
Company: Property Street Registered Estate Agent
Please call Aaron
Address: 31-3B, OG Business Park, Jalan Tan Yew Lai, off Jalan Puchong, 58200 Kuala Lumpur.
We are a real estate agency covering mainly Kuala Lumpur and Selangor states. We provide services in renting, selling and buying of properties in all categories – residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural.
Property Street is registered [Reg.No. E(3)1116] with the Board of Valuers, Appraisers and Estate Agents Malaysia, under the purview of the Ministry of Finance.
Established since 2007, the firm is led by our principal, Mr. Aaron P.F. Lee [Reg.No. E1906] who holds a Dip. in Estate Agency and has been in practice for 20 years. He is also a member of Malaysian Institute of Estate Agents (MIEA).
As registered real estate agents, we specialize in marketing, selling and letting of various types of properties including residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural.
We are authorized by the Board of Valuers, Appraisers and Estate Agents Malaysia to represent and act for owners in selling or letting of their properties.
We perform the following professional and fiduciary functions, in compliance with all the relevant laws and rules by the authorities:
- To obtain appointments from property owners to represent them in selling and letting of properties.
- Carry out comparable market analysis of the subject properties.
- Brief owners on the best marketing strategies and practices.
- Advise owners on realistic pricing according to comparable prices, property conditions, demand/supply, and economic scenario.
- Advise owners on laws relating to property, contract and market practices.
- To alert owners of suspected fraud or unethical practices if any.
- Report to owners on the progress of marketing activities and results.
- Market the properties by on-line and off-line methods.
- Qualify prospects and show properties.
- Negotiate all the terms, conditions and prices.
- Write up offers to purchase or rent.
- Collect and safeguard earnest deposits for purchase or rental.
- Gather relevant documents to pass to solicitors for further actions.
- Ensure that both parties adhere to agreed terms, conditions and datelines.
- Assist buyers to obtain loans.
- Follow up on the whole transaction process and keep clients informed.
- Hand over keys upon completion of transactions.
- Act as the go-between should disputes arise, and handle problems professionally and creatively.
- To ensure fair deals and that our clients’ interests are protected.
We also represent developers in marketing their newly-launched properties and unsold units.