MATTA’s objective is to promote the interests of the travel and tour industry in Malaysia. MATTA works closely with the Ministry of Tourism (Motour) as well as Malaysia Tourism Promotion Board (MTPB), help organise fairs, seminars, convention and workshops both to create public awareness of the tourism industry as well as to benefit its members.
MATTA School of Tourism established 1996 offers courses based on the National Occupational Skill Standards besides industry related programmes which are recognized by the government of Malaysia and International bodies such as the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and the Universal Federation of Agents Association (UFTAA).
- To unite, supervise and coordinate the activities of the members.
- To publicise, encourage, promote and extend the tourist and travel trade.
- To adjudicate and settle any differences which may arise between members whenever its arbitration is requested by both parties concerned.
- To develop friendship and common purpose among the members of the tourist and travel industry.
- To make representations on behalf of members to Government and all organisations with which the Association has common interest.
- To encourage the highest ethical standards of business conduct within the trade.
- To study and promote the interest of the tourist and travel trade and profession and to educate the public regarding the function of tours and travel agents.
- To discourage unfair competition without in any way interfering with initiative and enterprise based on fair trading.
Contact Us :
No:11, Jalan 1/76, Desa Pandan, 55100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Fax:603-9287 6880 / 603-9287 3881
For more information, visit :- http://www.matta.org.my